Dress For Success
by Noah Hefley
October 26, 2019
I was watching a football game awhile back when a fight suddenly broke out on the field with several players from the opposing teams. Players from both sidelines ran out on the field to enter into the fracas in support of their teammates. One player rushed onto the field and then returned quickly to the sideline to retrieve his helmet, and then ran back onto the field. He was smart to wear his helmet in this gridiron brawl.
We too are in a fight called spiritual warfare and we had better play it smart. We should never enter the field of play on any given day without wearing all of our warring equipment. Paul said, “Put on the full armor of God so that you can take a stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore, put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand” (Ephesians 6:11-13).
So what is our protection—our armor of God?
- Belt of truth (wrap around your life the truth of God’s Word).
- Breastplate of Righteousness (It is striving daily to live rightly).
- Feet fitted with the shoes of the Good News of Peace (It is learning to keep your footing by always living in the peace of God).
- Shield of Faith (It is living with a complete trust in God for daily provision and help).
- Helmet of Salvation (It is an absolute assurance of the certainty of your complete and ultimate salvation).
- Sword of the Spirit (This is the only offensive weapon and it is the Word of God by which you do battle with the devil).
Make sure that daily you dress fully to do battle victoriously! Put on the full armor of God! What do you do once you are dressed for battle? This Sunday I will share with you what you do…
December 07, 2019
November 30, 2019
November 23, 2019