Love – An Excellent Way to Live!
by Noah Hefley
September 18, 2021
Scripture teaches us to live in what it calls “the most excellent way” (1 Corinthians 12:31). This is the way of love. This is a big deal in the Bible. In fact, the whole of scripture commends, and even commands love. For example—
- “Love the Lord your God…and your neighbor as yourself” (Luke 10:27).
- “The fruit of the Spirit is love…” (Galatians 5:22).
- “The goal of our instruction is love” (1 Timothy 1:5 NASV)
- “The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love” (Galatians 5:6).
- “And He has given us this command: whoever loves God must also love his brother” (1 John 4:21).
There are many worthwhile traits in life but none are as important as love. That’s why Paul said, “The greatest of these is love” (1 Corinthians 13:13).
The Bible teaches us to love—
- As opposed to hatred – “Anyone who hates his brother is still in darkness” (1 John 2:9).
- As opposed to prejudice – “Show proper respect to everyone” (1 Peter 2:17).
- As opposed to unkindness – “Be kind and compassionate to one another” (Ephesians 4:32).
In our scripture passage from this past Sunday we read that Jesus said, “Love one another” (John 13:34). This is the normal Christian life. And, of course, we see the model for it in Jesus’ life. Jesus said, “As I have loved you, so shall you also love one another” (John 13:34b). Further, Jesus said this is how the world will know that we are His disciples.
So make it your goal this week to show love to everyone you meet. Let Christ’s love shine brightly through your life!
Have a great day!
June 25, 2022
June 18, 2022
June 11, 2022