Something You Should Know…
by Noah Hefley
August 31, 2019
“God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble” (Psalm 46:1).
There is something important which every child of God should know and it is this: God will NEVER let you down. One definitive reason for that is because He is an Ever-presenthelp in times of trouble.
God never promises to keep you from problems, but He does promise to walk beside you through the problems. You’ve got His word on it—
If you are:
- Troubled – “God is…an ever-present help in trouble” (Psalm 46:1).
- Tempted – “No temptation has seized you…He will provide a way out…” (1 Corinthians 10:13).
- Burdened – “Come to me all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest” (Matthew 11:28).
- Lacking something – “And my God will meet all your needs…” (Philippians 4:19).
- Feeling unloved – “Cast all your cares on Him because He cares for you” (1 Peter 5:7).
- Needing direction – “Trust in the Lord with all your heart…and He will direct your paths” (Proverbs 3:5-6).
- Dealing with life and death issues – “Though I walk through the valley…you are with me” (Psalm 23:4).
When I was a teenager I got in big trouble over something. Would you like to know what it was? Not a chance! Well, anyway, I asked my father what was the worst trouble he ever got in when he was young with his father (the inquiry seemed like a good strategy).
Dad said he once pulled the chair out from under his father as he was sitting down at the dinner table. I asked “why?” He said, “I guess to see what it would be like.” Then I asked, “How did your dad react?” He answered, “It could not have been worse. He got up from the floor, straightened his clothes, sat down in the chair, and then looked at me for the longest with a hurt look upon his face, never said a word, and then proceeded to say grace.” I asked, “Dad, did you ever do it again?” He said, “Never. After that experience I never did it again and I never wanted to let my father down again.”
That was quite a lesson. Now hear me: Our Heavenly Father would never do that to you. God will never let you down. Don’t ever doubt it or forget it!
May 23, 2020
May 16, 2020
May 09, 2020