You Can Live Without Fear!
by Noah Hefley
The Promise of Scripture is clear: You can live without fear! Listen to God’s Word:
- “Say to those with fearful hearts, be strong, do not fear, your God will come” (Isaiah 35:4).
- “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand” (Isaiah 41:10).
- “Be strong and very courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go” (Joshua 1:9).
- “You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord, is the Rock eternal” (Isaiah 26:3-4).
- “Peace I leave; my peace I give to you. I do not give as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid” (John 14:27).
God does not want us to live with unhealthy fear. “For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind” (2 Timothy 1:7).
So what can you do?
- Face your fears.
“When I am afraid…” (Psalm 56:3).
The psalmist acknowledged his fears. We need to get our fears in the open. Look them squarely in the face. Talk to yourself about them. Talk to others about them. Don’t suppress them; learn to express them. Analyze them. Find out why you are you threatened by them. And then-
- Place your fears in the hands of God.
“I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears” (Psalm 34:4).
Learn to talk to God about it. Learn to pray it through. And then finally to –
- Replace your fears with faith.
“…I will trust in you” (Psalm 56:3).
People have sought to conquer fears in many ways over the years. Ultimately, there’s only one thing that overcomes fear and that is faith. You must resolve to do as Isaiah taught us to do: “I will trust and not be afraid” (Isaiah 12:2). Choose to trust the Lord-no matter what! If you will learn the lesson of faith you can face this giant and still be confident. Just trust the Lord on this!
May 14, 2022
May 07, 2022
April 23, 2022